*Bardale was built
by the King’s Lynn Shipbuilding Co in 1920 and named variously as Burdenna IV and Anglomex No 1.
*Deepdale and Dovedale were
built by James W. Cook & Co at Wivenhoe on the River Colne as River Bridge in
1962 and River Beacon
built by Harland & Wolff at Govan on the Clyde and was previously Britmex 10 for the
Esso Petroleum Co.
four John Summers barges were built by John Crichton & Co at Saltney on the
River Dee in 1920 or 1921. Staindale
was formerly Marcita; Stockdale was Jonita; Swindale was Georgita; and Swaledale was Wilita.
The figure in the 'Registration' column is the ‘Official Number’, refering to a
national register involving all estuarial and sea-going craft. All Harkers craft carried
such a number.
For tonnage of barges see
original NarrowBoat article in Summer 2011 issue